If you have stopped by Vegan Fine Foods while Andean Pride is sampling, you may have tried their Walnut Pesto Rotini Salad. It is light, full of flavor and definitely a crowd pleaser!
Now you have can have their recipe that features Andean Pride Tarwi Quinoa Pasta.
While new to the rest of the world, tarwi beans have been prized in the Andes since ancient times. Tarwi beans have comparable nutritive attributes to soybeans, but with an extra dose of lysine. Lysine is an essential amino acid, usually found in lean meats. In traditional use, tarwi flour was used to make healthy breads. Here, organic tarwi flour is added to our classic pasta recipe to create an unmistakable gluten-free rotini with even MORE protein and phosphorus per serving than our standard organic quinoa-based pastas. Just a measure of tarwi flour creates a slightly earthy flavor ideal for mushrooms, truffle, or smoked ingredients.
Walnut Pesto Rotini Salad Recipe
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 1 Box Andean Pride Tarwi Quinoa Pasta (Available at Vegan Fine Foods!)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh baby arugula
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (optional)
1. Make pesto sauce by adding arugula, basil, oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt in the bowl of a food processor and processing until smooth. Add the walnuts and pulse until the walnuts are ground to desired consistency. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package instructions (2 minutes!). Strain and rinse with cool water to help pasta cool. Add pasta to a large salad bowl and toss with thawed peas, tomatoes, arugula, toasted walnuts and olive oil. Add pesto, starting with ½ cup. Taste and add more pesto if needed. Taste and season liberally with salt and pepper. Pasta salad can be served immediately, cold or at room temperature.